In kind of a last minute decision we decided to go spend Thanksgiving with Nate's sister in Portland, or if you want to get more specific - Mulino, OR. We weren't too worried about what to do to entertain ourselves since we were just happy to be with family. Although Nate really wanted to go to Powells Book Store and to swing by Voodoo donuts, but we decided to go to Silver Falls State Park instead. There are 10 water falls to see in an 8 mile loop.
We only made it to see 2. It was a little cold, we had 7 kids with us and it was starting to get dark by the time we made it there. I think this one with the kids standing above it is the South Falls.
You can walk behind this waterfall and that is where I took this picture from, you do get a little bit wet. Nate and his sister started quoting lines from the movie The Last of the Mohicans as we passed by the falls.
This is the North FallsIt is so green and pretty in Oregon, probably because it rains all the time. That's the one thing I do not miss about living there! I wish we could have seen more of the waterfalls - maybe next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment