I specifically remember the day my son came home and said that he was going to be "Lewis" in the Lewis & Clark play at school. I asked him if he was just picked out of the kids to play him, and he said no, but he was going to get the part. Wow, talk about self-esteem. The day was approaching and he hadn't been practicing the paragraph they were given to learn. So I told him he wasn't going to be able to try out. He said yes he was, and then he work all night to learn it. The next day I asked how it went, and he said he was the best one to try out! We learned shortly after that he'd indeed landed the part.
Here he is with the cast
He did a really fantastic job. They only practiced once a week for five weeks to get everything down. I don't know where he gets his confidence from. It would terrify me to have to be up in front of a gym full of people and then have to speak and sing, but he just eats it up. The technical set up at the school was pretty sad, we could hardly see or hear anything. He actually had quite a few funny lines, and when he'd say them with flair, I'd wonder why nobody was laughing. I'm sure it was because there was absolutely no audio.
3 comments:
Good Job Mal! I wish I could of seen it, the costume looked great!
He is too cute! Confidence is a great attribute to have. Hey with his stage ability and dance ability you guys should get him into acting :)
I don't feel as bad that I haven't posted on my blog in a while. I updated more recent than you have. I saw a cute picture of you on Megan's blog at the twilight party. You are still so gorgeous, seriously!! I was just thinking today that I missed you! That's all. Just wanted to tell you that!
Post a Comment