We couldn't decide which one we wanted to see first.
Along the way Denali spied this guy with her little eye. It's a little blurry, but it's a snail - eww! Isn't that what little girls are made of?
We chose to see the swinging bridge first. When we first got there, their was a man walking across who told us when he made it, that it was like walking on jello.
His statement didn't deter the kids from giving it a shot. They weren't scared at all, in fact Chloe kept jumping as she was going along - I didn't feel as brave as them when she did that.
Nate's a scaredy cat when it comes to heights - makes him queasy. When I was across, I turned to see how he was doing and saw this - he hadn't even started, we had to double dog dare him to get him to come across. Too bad you can't see his death grip on the top of the fence!
Chloe loves to rock hunt, she usually comes home with a handful after our excursions.
The fruits of their labor
It started raining as we left our house, and we were hoping that it would stop when we made it to our destination. Thankfully it did, but right as we were snapping this photo it started to sprinkle. We barely made it back to our car before it started to pour. There were trains next to this spot, and we saw a fire pit with some garbage strewn about. Nate started in on this story about hobos and how they cooked little boys for dinner. Malachi ran for his life all the way to the car - such a cruel father. Thanks Nate for charting out this experience for us.
7 comments:
Beautiful! You should consider taking the family on a little mini vacation to Glacier National Park while you are up there. It's a little bit of a drive but it is amazing! The picture of Nate crossing the bridge was great!
What a great place! Seriously, we need to come visit. I don't know if I would be brave enough to cross that bridge. It would take a triple dog dare at least. My boys are rock collectors too. Are you kind enough to let them keep them? I just threw some out (don't tell) that Noah's had in his closet for years.
Great pictures. You
live in a beautiful part of the country.
Looks like a fun trip.
Looks like fun! The rocks Chloe found were awesome.
That place looks amazing. I love the shot of your hubby making his way across the bridge. He made it!! Your little girls are like twins. Cute family!
how awesome! you guys really know how to find fun things to do in a place like Coeur d'Alene. I have some great ideas for when we come back!!!
Post a Comment