It's official, school has finally started. I was feeling kinda sad to see them go up until this last week; which was an incredibly long one. Chloe is in the 5th grade this year, and Malachi is a 3rd grader. Not looking forward to times tables with him!
Here are the kids walking down to meet the bus. You can't tell by Denali's stylin' outfit, but it was freezing. The kids had to wear jackets (Denali had to run back for hers), I'm not ready for the weather to turn yucky yet. Mal will always smile for me on the first day of school, but for some reason it's harder for me to get Chloe to even look at the camera. Highly unusual - I think it has something to do with nerves.
As I was doing this post I specifically remembered this year - I believe it's 3rd grade. All of my pictures of her look something like this.
I've decided my kids need to be a little more independent. This is the first year I haven't taken my kids and walked them right up to their classrooms. It kinda hurt my heart to let them take the bus and go to school without me. I know, I know - baby steps.

Can it possibly be true? My baby is going to kindergarten this year. What am I going to do without my partner in crime?

In Post Falls they have a seperate school for the kindergarteners. Today was just her orientation, after an hour it was time to go, and I had to practically drag her out the door. She didn't want to come home with me...the traitor.

This is her classroom, she'd hardly sit still by me filling out her paper work. She kept circling the room looking things over.
8 comments:
Your kids are darling!I can't believe she in kindergarten. Ashlynn will go next year wow I am not ready for that. Looks like you guys had a great fun summer. We were going to go to Nampa a couple of weeks ago but plans fell through. I hope to get out there sometime this year. I really miss it there.
The kids looked great, and I think they will just love the bus. I know Savannah does (and I do too :) ).
I am not sure if I am totally stoked for next year when Joel will start kindergarten, or if I will dread it like everyone else......HA! right now I would go with the former!! Hee hee. We will have to have a play date this week, does Denali go to school in the morn or afternoon?
Wow- your kids are really looking grown up! So cute! Good luck with school. Makell's in first grade and she comes home exhausted every day! Take care of yourselves up there!!
I can't believe your kiddies are all in school. They are darling. I have to say that part of me is a bit excited for some free time when Sommer and Drew are in school. It is just sad to see how fast they grow up. I can't believe Chloe is a 5th grader!
Rilie!!! I found you!! It has been quite sometime since we have talked. Your family looks great. The kids are beautiful! Email me and let me know how things have been.
jennymb25@hotmail.com
jnabs.blogspot.com
Jenny (Murphy) Fuller
how funny Denali didn't want to go home. that is so funny. So now it is just you home alone for now huh? such a cute post. :)
did you now that danale has the same
clothes that I have
Post a Comment