The day after we pulled into Boise we were in the moutains; which was a good thing, because it was HOT! I melt in the sun. Along with my family - minus Nate, he sadly was left behind due to his work obligations, my sister Meredith with her family, my sister Kelsi with her family and my parents were present. Julee, Hailey and Jordan also couldn't make it.
I like camping, but usually that's my time to get caught up on book & magazine reading. Without my husband there I was lucky enough to get no reading done and plenty of hiking in. He usually does all of the chasing around.
Savannah, Denali, Malachi and PaigeEverytime my kids see a rock or boulder, they think it's a photo op. They usually run up, get themselves positioned and call for my attention. Sorry Savvy, I didn't see you were covered by a branch.
See what I mean? On this particular hike we found a bunch of wild Huckleberries growing. Needless to say we didn't do as much walking as we did snacking, they were delicious and every body had purple hands; except my kids, because they won't eat anything that's good for them.

The last time we came camping to this particular campground the water was so low we couldn't swim, just catch cute little frogs. They loved the frogs (Malachi was totally convinced we could take his whole cup full home, and that they'd survive. When I dumped them out and shouted for them to hop for their lives I thought he'd never speak to me again) but they'd rather swim.
As I've mentioned before, Mal will run and jump off of anything
Chloe wanted to try rafting solo, she did a pretty good job of getting herself out quite far and then making it back in with no outside help
We can't make a camping trip without going fishing. I personally find it terribly boring (sorry to those die hards) but my kids love it, and I love to watch them cast out and reel usually nothing in.
I'm glad my dad doesn't mind taking the kids, I don't like grabbing slimy worms and baiting the poor things alive - so cruel
On the other hand, this little girl can't keep her hands off of them. Just watching her play, touch and pull these THINGS makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little.
3 comments:
This place is beautiful! Looks like everyone had fun. I've been waiting for you to post some photos from your trip. Have a great week.
You crack me up! I love reading your blog it is very witty! Glad your trip went well!
I love seeing your family! This looks like a beautiful place to go camping.
Post a Comment