Thursday, July 2, 2009

Birthday Boy

My son just turned 9 - it seems like we were bringing him home from the hospital yesterday. For some reason he's obsessed with all things paranormal - is this just a boy thing? He's been wanting this movie for a very long time, and I finally gave in. He and Denali sat down to watch it, then later that night I couldn't get Denali to go to sleep, because she was scared.
This is something else he's been begging for for. I've been hesitant in buying him one for obvious reasons - one in particular is, I'm afraid he'll start shooting his sisters if he gets upset at them. So far he's been pretty responsible. I guess you can only avoid buying boys their toys for so long.

This cake turned out pretty basic and easy - it actually looks more like Bloo from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends than Bob from Monsters vs. Aliens, minus the red eye.


I took Mal, one of his buddies and his sisters to Chuck E. Cheese's - it's not my favorite place to go, but for some reason when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday that was his answer. How could I deny his birthday wish? Of course I forgot my camera to capture anything. They blew thru 200 tokens in 1 hr, and then we left with their measley prizes.
Happy Birthday Mal - you are our greatest adventure!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

looks like fun!
love- savvy

Kelsi said...

Happy Birthday Mal! I am a horrible aunt and forgot to call. Luckily I will be seeing you all shortly :) Your cakes always look amazing. I really need to up my game.

Warth Family said...

Another birthday under his belt! I can't believe he's nine now! Great cake Rilie! And I totally agree, the cheap toys they get are ridiculas.

Shila said...

Cake looks yummy,gotta love the blue lips!