Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wild Things

We decided to go to the Zoo even though it was raining this day. We were able to hide from the rain while we went to a dolphin show, then we left to go grab a bite of lunch. After we were done eating the rain had stopped; which was great, but led to a very wet heat. I'm not a big fan of humidity!

I think it's funny they have this big splash pad in the middle of the Zoo - probably so those of us used to a dry heat can wash the sweat off.

A highlight of our zoo visit was this dolphin show. Denali has told me every day since then that when she grows up, she wants to be a dolphin trainer. It really was amazing to watch them and their trainers while they were coaxed into doing tricks.



Look at this guy (a walrus) - he was gigantic! This pool he's in was 10 ft deep - the big guy for the longest time just stood there on his feet with his head above the water. Which means he's pretty darn tall. I wish I would have taken a picture of his face, you don't realize how unattractive these animals are until you see them up close.


1 comment:

Meredith said...

The zoo is always a great place! We enjoyed the Seattle zoo and are looking forward to the zoo in SLC.