Saturday, September 27, 2008

And the mother of the year award goes to ...

Chloe has had this wart on her wrist for at least a year now. Who gets a wart on their wrist? Anyway, I know that it has bothered her but like a great mother - I just thought eh, it'll go away - right? I got this lovely package from my mother for my birthday the other day; which included great gifts and some wart removal. When I called to thank her for the package I asked her why she'd included the wart stuff. To which she responded, "When does your insurance kick in (from the new job a year ago)?" To which I replied "Oh, about a year ago. Why?" She then proceeds to tell me that Chloe has told my neice Breanna that all she wants for Christmas this year is to have her warts removed. UGH! I'm a terrible mother! Really that's it? I could probably get off pretty easy this year.
So after the knife to the heart, the punch to the face, I finally decided it was time to take her in and get the darn things taken care of. We decided to try and have them frozen off as our first option. When we were sitting in the Dr.'s office she and I agreed that she could cry, but please - do not scream (there I go again, so sympathetic). As the Dr. got started she handled it like a champ. Not even a wimper escaped her lips; which proves how desperate she was to finally have her warts taken care of.
I should have taken a picture yesterday - the wart on her wrist had swollen about a 1/2 in. off her arm and the circum. was about the size of a dime, it looked horrible. Well as I tend to proscrastinate the picture never got taken, and this morning she came in and showed me how she had picked (YUCK!) the skin off. The picture may be a little graphic for your tummy, so you may not want to look at the raw spot where hopefully the wart will never return! She actually had three warts, the one on her wrist and then two more on her fingers.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh Chloe I can relate to the wart problem. I have one on by my fingernail that I need to get taken care of- However I have to wait until I have the baby. Ugh- I guess I'll have to put up with it for a few more months.

paula said...

Poor thing-I know how bad it hurts to get those suckers froze off. Hopefully they won't come back. Way to go Rilie-you've already taken care of one kids Christmas gift-only two to go!

Jenny said...

I am glad nothing serious has happened to our kids because Stan and I are always saying "eh - just walk it off"...that's bad I know. OR "if there isn't any blood I don't want to know about it". So don't feel so bad. I am just happy no one is really handing out any awards!