Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Riverfront Park

Nate and I took the kids to Riverfront Park in Spokane. Check out this huge Radio Flyer slide, I think we liked it better than the kids did - bringing back childhood memories of tying our wagons to the back of our bikes and pulling siblings around.


These were some of the kids favorite rides. Our favorite rides of course were the ones where they were so scared they were screaming. I have to admit, I was thrilled we weren't met at every ride with a scary carnie tooth-less smile.

This one's for you Natalie: pop quiz hot shot - what time must Marty have the Delorean at the clock tower to catch the lightning?
Our kids were scouring the surrounding area we were in for garbage to feed the "garbage goat". You pushed a start button; which turned on a strong vacuum, then you'd hold garbage up to the goats mouth and it was sucked in.

This is us on the the SkyRide. The ride took us over the Spokane Falls. It was kind of unnerving being suspended above turbulant water. Denali was too afraid to come, so she stayed behind with her dad.

Here's where they waited to wave at us when we passed by them.

Life imitating art

This is a water fountain in front of the park. The kids were bummed the water wasn't on, but we were happy because we didn't have to drag wet kids home.

3 comments:

paula said...

That place looks fun! I love the big radio flyer slide. Not only did we tie our wagons behind our bikes, we would also sit it in and turn the handle around in order to use it as a steering wheel (very primitive steering device at that). Then we would have someone get behind it and have them push us down the road. Can you believe with all the stupid crap we did that we didn't get hurt more often? Good old Angela Drive memories.

Unknown said...

What a cute blog! It makes me miss home so much!! I love Riverfront park! How's everyone else up there doing?

Shanda said...

Hey you! I googled your name and found your blog. Your kids are so big now. How are things going for you guys? Do you like it there? I hope your having a fun summer. Do you know of anyone elses blogs by chance from nampa? I have one check it out its shandapanda.iviefamily.com yay now we for sure can keep in touch.