

Alright, I know these pictures are a little funky looking but I spent a long time trying to figure out how to scan photos from my printer into my computer, trying to retreive them and then put them here. So this is what you get - too bad. I'm sure most of you probably know how to do this, but I'm not very techno savvy.
I have a love/hate relationship with my daughters teeth. She started getting them at about six months old and started losing them at about five years old. We've had particular trouble with her left front tooth. When she was a baby she fell from my bed and chipped some of her tooth off, when she was in the 1st grade she fell on the black top and chipped the same tooth again and then most recently - when we moved from Coeur d'Alene to Post Falls she fell in our moving truck and chipped about 2/3 of the same darn tooth off. This was a traumatic experience for all involved. It bled like crazy and it happened to be on a Saturday when offices aren't open. We were lucky enough to find someone who would meet us at his practice. An hour later and $600 poorer we were set. She'll have to have a fake tooth put in when she's a teenager.
Chloe is extremely funny when it comes to loose teeth. She's had a loose one I've been dying to pull out for a while now. I had noticed that the gum was getting swollen around it, but she wouldn't let me anywhere near the forbidden tooth. Yesterday she brought home her school pictures and in the 8x10 I could actually see the swollen gum, so I thought - enough is enough. I told her to come lay down on the floor so I could just "look" at it. She promptly clamped her hand over her mouth and ran up the stairs to hide. I chased after her laughing so hard, I could barely make it up the stairs. I found her hiding in my closet; which really isn't a good hiding place because it doesn't have a lock. I would have at least thought that one thru. After tackling her to the ground and holding her arms down I was able to grasp her tooth and yank it out. After I had pulled that one out I went in for another look and just barely touched the tooth next to the one that had just come out and it flew out of her mouth. WHAT! you mean there may be more? So I checked the other side of her mouth and was able to grapple out two more! I was in pure heaven.
Four at one time - this tends to be her pattern in losing teeth. If you can see in the pictures she lost almost all of her four major front teeth at the same time. In her school picture from 1st grade she has a major snaggle tooth. I tried to pull it out the day of the pictures, but of course she wouldn't let me, and I let it slide until of course she brought home the photos.
6 comments:
That was a very amusing post. I remember when I was little my mom would say "let me just see it" and I must have had so much trust cause I let her every time even when she told me she wouldn't pull it out.. I should have learned... lol. She got em out every time. It cracks me up that you had to chase her down laughing.
Too funny!! I had a few tooth issues of my own: Only one front teeth for over 2 years in Elem. school. It refused to grow in and I would not let the fake tooth be. I think I lost it over 3 or 4 times much to my Mom and dentist's dismay. I am impressed with you pulling out 4 teeth in one sitting. WOW.
Abby had teeth falling out left and right several years. The kicker is that they wouldn't grow in for 9-13 months. We still call her "snaggle tooth" because they are growing in funky now also. Her and Nathan need braces badly! Tried to call you, I will try again next week while the kids are in school. Luv ya!
LOL I know how you feel. Whitney's two front teeth are hanging on by a thread and she wont let me pull them. I am tempted to hold her down and pull them as well but she would take that as a personal attack and would never forgive me. She hets her feelings hurt so easily. Good luck with the teeth.
Rilie- I can totally see you chasing her down. That is so funny, four teeth in one drag down that's awesome.. Susie
Chloe must have made a haul from the tooth fairy. I can totally see you chasing her down.
Post a Comment