Friday, February 19, 2010

Totally Terrific Twelve

Chloe has turned 12, something I'm having a hard time believing. She and her best friend Megan have birthdays exactly one week apart, and this year they decided they wanted to celebrate with a dual party. They picked Candyland for their theme. I ordered a non-decorated cake from Costco (I have a great love for their cake!) and then added my own flair. It turned out ok, I could have put a little more effort into it by adding the little signs, and I forgot to pipe the words Candyland on the cake. I should just be glad it was done on time. I couldn't find peanut brittle and ended up having to make some, and I only burned the first batch. I went off of the Candyland board we've had for at least 10 years - I don't care too much for the new one.

They wanted to have a sleep over - hurray! They invited six girls, four came and only two spent the night. Not too bad, and they were pretty quiet. They played some games, ate pizza and cake then watched some movies.

We had a bag of candy wrapped up in several different layers of wrapping paper, and kinda ran the game like musical chairs. Pass around the gift while the music is on, and whoever is holding the gift when the music stops gets to unwrap a layer. The girl who unwraps the last layer to the candy - keeps it.

A candy walk. They were good sports and let their other sibling in on the fun.

Here the girls were supposed to guide each other in putting on their make-up, but things got a little wild and it ended up everywhere.

We had a contest to see who could make the best dress with toilet and tissue paper. We had teams of three - two to make the dress and one who was the model. They turned out pretty great if I do say so myself.


5 comments:

Meredith said...

Looks like a blast! The cake was adorable!

paula said...

I'm impressed with the cake. Elliott got Candyland for Christmas and he loves it already too! The dress designing idea is just the cutest. I'm sure Susie will be doing this for the girls birthday this year because it's right up their alley and what little girl wouldn't love doing something like that...ok-so the truth is I want to do it.

Jenny said...

I think the cake looks great! Very original idea. The girlies looked like they had a fun time too, so I would deem it a success!

Eileen Jensen said...

I wanna be invited next time. Happy birthday CHLOE i love you.

Unknown said...

Wow! 12 years old. That means young women, girl's camp, beehives, etc. Happy birthday Chloe