Monday, March 2, 2009

Did you know?


It started Friday after school, the kids came home and started talking about how Dr. Seuss' birthday was coming up. Well, today was the day - they even had green eggs and ham for lunch. Chloe found it unsatifactory, and Malachi thought it was awesome. I also heard about how the principal dressed up as the Cat in the Hat, and the ladies in the office were Thing 1 and Thing 2.
The kids got up this morning and found what books we have by Dr. Seuss and stacked them in a pile for some after school reading (Chloe reading this over my shoulder very offended said, "I did not!" - ok, I guess just Mal and Denali). She is a good sister, and agreed to read to Denali. They also gathered the movies that have been made out of his books for us to watch tonight - can't hardly wait.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

To celebrate the occasion I get to go and have lunch with Savvy at school, and do a book exchange. Hope the little one's hold up for the event :/

Shila said...

cute! So great to see your kids get excited about reading!