We just celebrated Chloe's 11th birthday. She wanted to have just a family party this year (fine by me, so much easier!). Chloe loves to watch movies; either on the big screen or just at home. So we decided a movie theme it would be for her party. I ordered her stuff, I thought early enough. I picked the standard shipping thinking - those jerks, they just want to charge me an extra $12 for 3-5 day shipping, and I'll probably get the stuff around the same time with either shipping right? WRONG! We didn't even get her party supplies until it was a week after her birthday. I felt so bad, what a mother I am - thank goodness Chloe's a good sport and let us celebrate her on two different nights. The night before her birthday she and her dad went to see Coraline. Then on the day of her birthday, Feb. 8 - she opened gifts, we had movie theater food (hot dogs, nachos, soda and slushies) and finished with carmel popcorn and a movie.


I always forget to make sure my flash is working before I take a picture, I'm not much of a photographer.


Here we are a week later with a popcorn cake and our Oscar party supplies. What's up with that pained smile?

Chloe handing out her party favors to her brother and sister, and to a few family friends. A shout out from her dad, "Chloe you're a beautiful young lady, and so much fun to hang out with. I enjoy spending time with you, be it movies, tv, games or just talking. You are an exceptional girl and I love you."
7 comments:
Chloe got 2 parties out of the deal! It looked like fun. Love you Chloe!
What a sweetie! And what a great idea. Sounds like and awesome birthday party. Happy Birthday Chloe!!
Your cakes always rock, you're such a sweet mom! I can't believe how grown up Chloe is becoming. I can't wait to see all of you this summer!
You make the best cakes..You're an awesome mom..Happy Birthday Chloe!
Hi Rilieanne, How are you? This is Shila Dass (Conway now) from good ol Rexburg 14th ward. I found your blog through Paula's. I loved your mom as my Y.W. Leader. She had great lessons I will remember forever! Say hi to her for me. My blog is www.shaneandshila.blogspot.com if you ever wanted to take a peek! Your kids are cute, I have an almost 11 yr. old too! I will have to tell Shalina that I found you! Have a happy day!
What a stikin cute party idea! You are always making the best cakes! I seriously can't believe Chloe is 11! Wow!
Rilie: Your kids are so beautiful! I definitely see the Mark's side of the family in them! I can't believe they are getting so old!
Post a Comment