Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random Funnies

I generally try to stay organized, doesn't always happen but at least I try right? I'm the type of person - out of sight, out of mind. I do allow myself a large pile hidden in my closet of the things my kids create at home and school. I was going thru this pile sorting again between save and throw away deep in the garbage in the garage so the kids can't dig it out and ask why I threw their masterpiece away. I came across these gems and had to share, there are several - but I will spare you.
There is one I wish I had in my possession. I went in to parent/teacher conference a while back and was sitting at my sons desk. As his teacher and I were chatting I happened to look down at a project on his desk and the work "BURP" jumped out at me. I looked at his teacher, cleared my throat and asked, "Um, does that say burp?". She smiled polietly at me and said, "Oh, go ahead and read it all." The asssignment was to come up with your own planet - my ingenius sons planet was called Mal Fal. His planet gets it's energy by burping, and when it feels threatened by aliens or other planets - it's farts to ward them off. What is it with boys and body parts that make noise? I was laughing so hard after I read the description of his planet - partly because it's pretty funny, and partly because I was so embarressed. It's proper name should be Planet Mal Foul! That's how my parent/teacher conferences usually go with his teachers, there's always a little surprise waiting for me in his work -I dread them. I thought he would bring it home before Christmas break, but he didn't. When I asked him where it was, he said that they hung their planets up in the library - NICE. Now the whole school will know my humiliation.


This is a picture Denali drew when she was about 41/2. She brought it to me and said that it was a picture of me with her as a baby in my tummy. Isn't that sweet? There's such a difference between girls and boys!
Malachi brought this home around Halloween. It says, "I am corny because I laugh and I can't stop laughing when I watch America's Funniest Home Videos." He is such a character, he comes up with the funniest things and is quite the performer. I get a little nervous when the home teachers want to come over, not knowing what my son will have in store for them. Last time they were here and after making them laugh a little, he told them for $50 they could take him home. Ugh, I think we'll lock him in his room next time.
The other day my friend and I were talking about running to Wal Mart to pick up a few things when we hear this little voice say, "Save money. Live better." I looked over at Denali then at my friend, and I asked "Did she just say what I think she did?" It made me laugh. Obviously my kid is watching way too much televison; either that or I need to congratulate Wal Marts advertsing people for the catchy phrase.

One more involving my youngest. I was being lazy last night, and Nate was working late. I just didn't feel like fixing dinner. I did have hot dogs in the fridge so that's what I suggested. Denali threw her head back and whailed, "Hot dogs are my enemy!" Not sure where that came from. She use to enjoy a nuked hot dog. The only thing she wants to eat is anything cheesy - i.e. cheetos, goldfish, cheez it's, ritz bits with cheese filling, mac & cheese etc., or something with peanut butter in it. She likes a pb & j sandwich, Reese's puffs cereal, crackers with p.b in the middle or Reeses' peanut butter cups (Jen I know you are cringing right now). With the peanut butter scare right now - that limits her food consumption. It's really quite annoying to have such a picky eater!

I don't have anything crazy or silly to post about Chloe. She's not your average 10, almost 11 year old. She's more like 10 going on 17. She's never given me a lick of trouble and does anything you ask of her. She sits down and does her homework the minute she gets home without me having to ask her to. She will expand her imagination to play with her little sister and anything that she's into that day. She puts up with Mal and his plan to locate the Lock Ness Monster (he asked for a plane ticket to Scotland the other day, because he's just sure that he can locate her while nobody else can) by laughing with him. PLEASE let this last thru her teenage years, Chloe you rock!



I went to see this movie the other day and it made me think of these ladies:

Not all of the fighting stuff, just that friends make everything shine. I found this picture last time I was at my mom's house, I miss and think of you all often.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those stories are the best. kids sure do keep you entertained huh? It was so good to see you this Christmas. I am glad I ran into you at the mall. Maybe someday we'll be back.

Jenny said...

So funny. The pictures are great. I remember when we use to hang out at your house and talk. Sometimes Julee would be there also. I miss ya Rilie! Thanks for the post!

(can you tell I am trying to come out of hibernation by making a comment...just been in a funk lately)

Meredith said...

Kids say the funniest things! Your kids are hilarious. We miss them, wish you lived closer.

Liz said...

Your kids sound like the cutest and most hilarious little bunch. They are very lucky to have such a great momma.
Wow, it has been a while since those pics eh?? I love the memories I have from our Rexburg days-we had some great times. We need to get together soon!