We went with our friends the Moss' to hunt up our tree. Here we go scouting out the perfect one. We've never had this experience, and on the way home Nate couldn't wipe the smile off his face - he loved it. I'm perfectly happy with my fake one, but the family out ruled me this year.
Here it is. What do you think of it?
Meet the newest addition to our family. A Husky - we think she's a Malamute, and her name is Zuka. My son has been begging for a dog for several years now. I never really wanted one, but when he saw this dog and said it would "change his life forever" if we could keep her, I couldn't resist a boys plea for his dog. I have to admit - she's wormed her way into my heart.
I can't believe there's no snow in these mountains. Last year at this time we had several feet of snow. I think we ended the winter with something like 13' of snow. It was awful! My kids loved it, but I experienced plenty of snowy winters growing up in Southern Idaho, and I do not need a repeat performance every year.
After choosing our tree, we let Mal and Jax have the privledge of cutting it down.
Jody let Chloe have the experience also by cutting down their tree.

The only downside of cutting your own tree from the top of a mountain is having to haul it back to your vehicle. Good thing I've got this big hunk to pack it out.
Zuka ran all over the place enjoying herself. By the time we got back to our cars she was thoroughly exhausted - the picture says it all.
We didn't make it to Boise this year to spend Thanksgiving with my family, so we did the next best thing and spent it with our friends. We went to my friend Krystals house and celebrated with her family. Good friends, good food and good times - according to Nate BAD FOOTBALL!
The first snow fall of the winter. The kids and Zuka were in heaven, too bad for them it melted the next day and hasn't been back - yea!
11 comments:
Dan & I had been talking about how fun it would be to cut down our own tree. This year (and probably next) are out, but what a memory for your family.
Congratulations on the dog! We've got a husky mix, but Brad would be jealous of your dog. Braden wants to tell Malachi hi and he thinks of him often. I'll see Malachi's name written on papers all through the house. What a fun way to start the Christmas season!
It looks like you guys had a great time picking out your tree. I'm glad there isn't that much snow yet either, I'm just not ready to drive on the slick roads.
We love cutting our own tree down. There's just something so special about it. We haven't done it in about 3 years though. As our family gets bigger it makes it harder to fit all of us in our tiny truck to make the trip. You'll also notice if you keep it watered your tree will last forever! The benefits of a fresh tree! Merry Christmas ya'll!
I am jealous of your real tree! They smell so great and what a fun holiday outing for your cute family! I love your new dog Zuka, he is a cutie. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
I didn't know there was such a thing as "good football". Now that I got that off my chest.....what fun to chop down your own tree! I bet your house smells so nice and piney. I hope we get to see a pic of the decorated tree.
how fun! I am glad there is no snow there this year.. Last winter was far too long... Your hike for a tree looked like lots of fun and what a beautiful dog too.
Cute Dog! You guys always are doing fun things. Hope you guys have a great Christmas.
I miss going and cutting down our christmas tree terribly but since we had an infestation with ours, we haven't been back since. I thought you might like hearing that since you are such a clean freak :)
How fun for you guys. We are missing the snow out here so it is a little hard to get in the Christmas decorating spirit. We don't even have a tree yet. Glad to see you are on top of that! Love the pictures as usual. Miss you!
"Change his life forever"??? Well if that isn't the darned cutest thing I have ever heard. Zuka? That is a great name for a husky.
My daughter wants a dog for Christmas so bad that she almost convinced Santa.
Post a Comment