Nonni bear is a self-proclaimed nickname, for some reason she use to refer to herself as this name when people would ask her what it was (when she first started talking that's how she'd pronounce her name). Denali's birth date is Dec 24, so we usually try to celebrate a couple of months in advance so her birthday and Christmas don't run together. Obviously I didn't get my rear in gear this year and we're celebrating kind of late. I took her and some friends to Build-A-Bear, it was pretty crowded but since we were a scheduled party we were able to bypass all of the people and go first class.
Denali made a beeline straight for the High School Musical bear.

The girls posing with their finished bears, puppies and bunnies.
Most of the pictures of her opening her gifts were really dark, these are the ones that turned out the best.

Tinkerbell was the theme choice this year
The cake didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to, darn those red lips! - glad it doesn't show up too much in pictures
HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY DENALI, we love you so much!
That night as a family we went out for pizza and then to see this movie:
It was pretty cute - the kids really liked it. We may have over done it for the day, because half way thru the movie I had a tired little girl next to me saying she wanted to go home.
9 comments:
how fun! What a good idea to celebrate early. Did you make the cake? It looks really good to me. Happy birthday Denali.
I thought the cake looked amazing! I wish I could do that. The party looked like a lot of fun. Hope Denali had a good time.
Dang, you know how to celebrate a birthday! You did a great job on her cake. Happy early birthday Denali! I can't believe you will be 6!
Happy Birthday Denali! Did you design that cake you amazing lady!! It is darling! What a fun day your little birthday girl. The Build-a-Bear idea is so cute.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family this week!!
I did make her cake but didn't design it - thank goodness they have cake pans with pictures I can just copy. They don't always turn out like the pictures as I wish they would, but oh well, they're usually liked by the kids.
Two things:
1) will you plan my next birthday celebration? That sounds like a rockin day!
2) Great idea with celebrating it early. Elliott is a December birthday as well and I'm thinking about doing this when he gets a little older. I'm thinking of letting him have his little birthday parties in the summer...like a 1/2 birthday or something.
I think your cake turned out awesome. You look great too by the way.
Rilie- First of all..You look Great! Second of all..what an awesome mom you are, the party looked like so much fun and the cake was awesome. Happy Birthday Denali, you and your sister are just as beautiful as your mom..Later Susie
Denali is so darn cute! She is getting so big!I don't know what you are talking about with that cake. It is incredible. I can't bake with a darn. Luve u Denali!
Post a Comment