Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall Fun


We went to pick out our pumpkins in Spokane this year at GreenBluff. It's a really neat place with over 30 different farms where you can go and pick your own fruits and veggies.

Heading out to hunt


Denali's find


Mal tends to always pick green ones, and there's no talking him out of it


The pumpkins at this farm were fairly small, but after going on an extremely busy day, waiting in a line of cars for 45 min, we pulled over to the first place we saw an orange field. Chloe was upset because there wasn't one to her liking. So after walking the whole field three times, I told her to find one that had already been picked and was lying around. She wanted one of the huge ones on top of the hay bales, but we were looking for carving pumpkins so she got shot down. The look on her face tells you how happy she was with the pumpkin I finally picked out for her.

The kids with their pattern choices


Halloween night we had a little get together with our friends the Moss'. We ate good food, went trick or treating, came home - made doughnuts & hot cocoa, then ended our night watching Monster House.

It was an ideal night for trick or treating. The weather was pretty agreeable; which was a good thing because I couldn't get Malachi or Chloe to wear a coat. We only had to go up and down one street to load their bags. Their weren't many kids out, so people were giving them three to four pieces of candy.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

fun times. I love the costumes. you sound like you guys are always having some kind of fun. It is so much fun to keep up with you guys. We are probably coming home in april.... we shall see.

Meredith said...

We missed out on going to the pumpkin patch this year. Maybe next year. Loved the halloween costumes- they looked great!

paula said...

Great costumes! I think it is so funny that your little guy always picks the green pumpkins...see-beauty is a relative term.

Jenny said...

Love those costumes. Look at those long slender legs on Chloe!! I seriously wanted to be wonder woman when I grew up...that leads to a story when I was probably 6yrs old- about family home evening with the missionaries and a scharades game gone horribly wrong. Maybe I will blog about it!

Anonymous said...

WHATEVER!!! What ever happend to Halloween with your friends the McReynolds??? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Chloe's costume. Did you make it? Let's get together for another play date this week!!! Maybe i can borrow Chole's costume!

Warth Family said...

Ya'll looked like ya'll had a great Halloween! Great costumes. We lovem!

Richard, Ashley and Ben said...

Ugh...you are SUCH a good mom! That's why I'm only having one kid. J/K...or am I? Cute costumes and I'm so jealous of Greenbluff!