Monday, August 17, 2009

The Hills Are Alive...

You can almost hear the sound of music from the top of this mountain side know as "Indian Cliffs" (these pictures are out of order and for some reason I can't get them moved).
So, I will write about them as they're posted.

Here is an Ospray's nest at the top of this covered bridge. If you look close you may be able to see it's head popped up.

This is a Bald Eagles nest, there were several on poles like this one sticking out of the water. There was even one that took flight and glided above us for quite a while.

We walked along this long dock area and when we reached the end, our dog leaned over to take a drink and ended up falling in. She was pretty funny, she swam over to the side to start swimiming to shore and when she realized how far away it was, she came back and tried to jump back up onto the dock - talk about lazy. The kids took her up to this little shelter area so she could shake herself off without getting stinky dog water on me.

After our hike, Nate wanted to walk at least another mile to get to this bridge, and then to walk across it was probably another mile, uh - ok. Denali and I didn't quite make it across before the others did and were coming back. I had to hang back to get pictures of the majestic birds we saw.
This is one view from the top. It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but three lakes connect and run together at this point.


There's nothing I dislike more then when I'm in the mtns. and nature calls. As I spot the out house and chant to myself, don't inhale and don't look down, over and over again. Imagine my delight when I open the door and spotted this little beauty. Can you believe they had a flushable toilet out here? It didn't stink and was actually pretty clean.

No comments: