Malachi has got it pretty bad for this cute little girl in our Ward, she also rides his bus and is in the classroom across from his. Some days when he getting dressed for school, I can hear him saying, "I have to look good today for so-and-so" - it makes me smile. In February he decided he was going to ask her to be his sweetheart on Valentines day. I waited for him to come home from school so I could ask him how it went - he looked at me with a sad face and told me she'd said no! It just about broke his heart, and I have to say mine cracked a little looking at his cute face.I have to remind him that he's only 8, and he shouldn't even be thinking about, or liking girls for at least another 8 years. Yesterday we were talking about what we should do this weekend, he came back later and handed this list to his dad:
To do list on Sat:1. buy choclates
2. buy flowers
3. buy dimond ring
4. write on paper your secret love
5. set it on her porch
6. ring doorbell
7. hide
WHAT am I going to do with him? It's an incredibly darling list - pretty harmless, but I'm not ready for him to be liking girls. When he explains his feelings for her to us, he has compared it to the part in the movie The Mask - you know when he (Jim Carrey) sees Cameron Diaz's character and his heart pounds out of his chest? Well, he said that's how he feels when he sees her. He has also said, "You know in romantic movies and the love music starts playing? (insert his humming right here) That's how I feel when she looks at me. Oh... good grief.
11 comments:
Wow, What a romantic! 8 years old, imagine how he'll be as a husband! Good Luck over the next few years, he's gonna be a lady killer!
That's Hilarious...he sounds so cute, at least you know he likes girls!
I think this is one of the most tender, sweetest things I have ever heard a little Romeo do. I love the list. Just wait till he hits puberty.....
How sweet. Thanks for an update. Love the "to do list". Miss you!
That list cracked me up! What a sweet guy. Miss you guys!
Hi Rilieanne! How have you been? It was so fun to hear from you, I guess now I know where to go to keep in touch with you. We've really missed your family. Malachi is so adorable, you're going to have to keep an eye on him :o)
that is the cutest thing ever. my favorite is the to do list.
That list is the sweetest thing ever! So sad to see his little heart break. At least he's being persistent :)
My husband and I were just laughing and laughing! So funny, that there are so many boy crazy girls out there, but not so many girl crazy boys out there. Don't worry little man, as they say in the Enchanted movie, You will find someone to finish your duet! Someday that is.
What a cute kid!! For only 8 years old, he has some pretty great ideas about how to win her over.
I do not like boy's love- savvy
Post a Comment